Which Language to Pray In

Question

If one does not really understand much of the meaning of Hebrew tefillot, is it preferable to pray in English, and be able to understand what one is saying, until one manages to learn the meaning of the prayer? (I am wondering what to do during the Days of Awe as I am unfamiliar with much of the prayers said on these days…..) Additionally – a small question that I’ve just been wondering about! I recently heard in a lecture that one whiff of the world to come, is more than all the total sum of pleasures in this physical world, and is impossible to be experienced. However, I recall being told that on Shabbat one experiences a 60th of the world to come. Is this not a contradiction? Thank you very much for your patience. Have a good Shabbat

0

Answers

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function is_empty() in /nas/content/live/asktherabbi/wp-content/themes/Ask Me Child 2019-05-20/question-comments.php:42 Stack trace: #0 /nas/content/live/asktherabbi/wp-includes/comment-template.php(1532): require() #1 /nas/content/live/asktherabbi/wp-content/themes/Ask Me Child 2019-05-20/single-question.php(999): comments_template('/question-comme...') #2 /nas/content/live/asktherabbi/wp-includes/template-loader.php(106): include('/nas/content/li...') #3 /nas/content/live/asktherabbi/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/nas/content/li...') #4 /nas/content/live/asktherabbi/index.php(17): require('/nas/content/li...') #5 {main} thrown in /nas/content/live/asktherabbi/wp-content/themes/Ask Me Child 2019-05-20/question-comments.php on line 42