shalom aleichem dear Rabbi
1) What are “Hillak” and “Billak” in this text?
“Rav Giddel says that Rav says: The Jewish people are destined to eat from the bounty of, i.e., enjoy, the years of the Messiah. Rav Yosef says: Isn’t this obvious? And rather, who else will eat from them? Will Ḥillak and Billak, two shiftless characters, eat from them?”
2) who is “Rav” when Rav Giddel said: “Rav says” ?
3) What is the difference between “Rav” and “Rabbi”?
4) who is Rabbi Hillel in this text? Is he the same “Hillel the elder”?
“The Gemara explains that Rav Giddel’s statement serves to exclude the statement of Rabbi Hillel, who says: There is no Messiah coming for the Jewish people, as they already ate from him, as all the prophecies relating to the Messiah were already fulfilled during the days of Hezekiah.”
5) was hezekiah the same messiah according to hillel’s commantry? why Rabbi Hillel said this sentences? was he wrong?! And How his opinion more accepted rather than Beith Shammai ?
6) Who founded the Beit of Hillel? Rabbi Hillel?
7) in Targum Jonathan on Isaiah 43:10 we read:
אַתּוּן סַהֲדִין קֳדָמַי אֲמַר יְיָ וְעַבְדִי מְשִׁיחָא דְאִתְרְעֵתִי בֵיהּ בְּדִיל דְתִידְעוּן וּתְהֵימְנוּן קֳדָמָי וְתִסְתַּכְּלוּן אֲרֵי אֲנָא הוּא דְמִלְקַדְמִין אַף עַלְמֵי עַלְמַיָא דִילִי אִינוּן וּבַר מִנִי לֵית אֱלָהּ:
is this translation correct?
Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant, the Messiah, in whom is my delight, in order that ye may know, and that ye may believe in me, and understand that I am He who was from the beginning; yea, ages after ages are mine, and beside me there is no god.