Avraham, Lot and Sedom
1. Abraham was 75 years old when he left Haran. Lot went with him.
2. Abraham was 99 years old when he was circumcised.
Sodom & Gomorrah were destroyed a few days after Abraham’s circumcision.
Therefore, Abraham was 99 years old when Sodom and Gomorrah
were destroyed. Lot was spared. 24 years have elapsed.
QUESTION: Did Lot live in Sodom for 24 years?
3. We have been studying the destruction of Sodom.
One of the sources states that Sodom was 52 years old
vs Zoar was a younger city, which was only 51 years old.
4. I found this on the Internet: According to the Talmud,
there was a span of only 26 years between a war in the area and
and the ultimate destruction. I assume the war means the Battle of Siddim.
5. MAIN QUESTION: I am trying to figure out the 52 year timeline for Sodom and when the Battle of Siddim took place within the 52 year history.
The 5 kings (which included Sodom) served the 4 kings (specifically Chedorlaomer) for 12 years. The 5 kings rebelled in the 13th year.
In the Battle of Siddim, the 4 kings defeated the 5 kings.
Did the Battle take place in the 14th year?
Then Abraham defeated the 4 kings. Abraham also rescued Lot.
I think the Battle happened when Abraham was still around 75 years old.
6. This accounts for 14 years of Sodom’s history.
Does that mean that Sodom existed 12 years before Chedorlaomer ruled over them?
Based on the Talmud note above, did Sodom exist another 26 years after the Battle of Siddim?